Monday, October 20, 2008

Tonight's March Through Torrance Supporting Y & Z

I got home from doing a quick stint at the Y and Z phonebank and met up with my wife and kids, who updated me on how the pro-Measure Y and Z march through Torrance went. My six-year old was still pretty excited about her evening - she walked with a class mate holding a big campaign sign and chanted "Yes on Y and Z, Fix Our Old Schools", for the whole time. Lots of cars honking approval, and a good crowd of supporters who showed up to participate. There was press on hand taking pictures (I'm guessing it's the Daily Breeze), including one of my daughter. We had to tamp down her expectations a bit of seeing her picture on the front page of the paper. No news coverage yet - I'll post it when available.

The phonebank was pretty busy, with some high schoolers making calls as well as parents and probably some teachers too. By the way, they need to reach a lot of voters still, and if you want to see the bonds pass, making some calls could really help. Call the campaign headquarters for more information or to get involved, at 310-864-7396.

No comments: