Monday, October 13, 2008

Grassroots Events to Support Campaign

While the official campaign is focused on phonebanking and getting out mailers to voters (which are very well done, I might add), that doesn't mean that parents and others who want Y and Z to pass can't get active to support the school bonds on their own.

Have you done something on your own (or with friends) to promote the bond measures? Send me a little writeup and pictures if you have them. I'll put them up on the blog. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some great grassroots activity going on out there, and I'd love to give it some exposure.

Also, are you interested in tabling or doing other visibility events from now to (and including) election day? If you've got a few hours available to help out, there's no shortage of things that can be done. Events to target parents (such as around pickup/dropoff hours around the schools, for example), tabling in front of busy locations, etc. If you want to do something but don't know where to start, chime in in the comments and I'll help facilitate something that will work out for you.

Nothing should be taken for granted - and person to person interaction is the most effective way of getting votes. And there are people who simply aren't going to be reached over the phone, and who may not pay close attention to political mailers during election time. Having phonebanked for Y and Z today, I can vouch there are a bunch of people who never pick up their phone. So do consider getting involved in this way -- it's effective and is also a lot of fun.

[I significantly changed around this post after originally putting it up. I had neglected to ask about grassroots activity going on in support of the bonds, and I've added that in.]

No comments: